Back to Dept home ...
Community workshops for General Plan Update
By Erik Pearson
-- The General Plan is a city¡¯s basic planning document that provides a blueprint for development, guides growth and sets land use policy city-wide. The purpose of a General Plan is to: identify land use, transportation, environmental, economic and social goals and policies as they relate to new development; provide a basis for the City¡¯s decision-making; provide citizens with an opportunity to participate in the planning and decision-making process; and inform citizens, developers, decision-makers and others of the ground rules that guide development within the city.
Community input is needed to establish the vision for the City of Hayward which will hold six community workshops in November and December 2012 to prepare for a comprehensive update of the City¡¯s General Plan. The meetings will be:
* Thursday, November 29, 7 - 9 p.m., Conference Room 2A, City Hall, 777 B Street, Hayward.
* Saturday, December 1, 10 a.m. ¨C 12 p.m., to Noon Conference Room 2A, City Hall, 777 B Street, Hayward.
* Monday, December 3, 6:30 - 7:45 p.m., MLK Middle School, 26890 Holly Hill Avenue, Hayward.
* Thursday, December 6, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m., Fairway Park Baptist Church, 425 Gresel Street, Hayward.
* Monday, December 10, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m., Conference Room A/B (near the Food Court), Southland Mall, Hayward.
* Wednesday, December 12, 6:30 - 7:45 p.m., Hayward High School, 1633 East Avenue, Hayward.
Spanish translation is available at all meetings. At the community workshops, participants will be asked to share: their favorite place in Hayward; what they consider to be the community¡¯s biggest assets, challenges and opportunities; and ¡°Why you love Hayward.¡±
For more information and to sign-up for regular updates, visit the City¡¯s website at www.hayward-ca.gov/GENERALPLAN/