August 8, 2017 > Board Meeting Highlights
Board Meeting Highlights
Submitted By Fremont Unified School District
At its July 26th meeting, The FUSD Board of Education addressed the following items:
1. Approved cost-sharing with the City of Fremont for school crossing guard services at three more school sites (total 22 school sites). Additional costs totaling $290,657 are beyond the CityÕs budget for the next three fiscal years; therefore, FUSD staff recommend that the District fund 50% of the additional costs, totaling $145,328.50 for the next three fiscal years.
2. Appointment of FUSD Measure I CitizensÕ Oversight Committee Members.
3. The Board received an update on the American High School modernization project. The original budget for the American High School HVAC upgrade, IT upgrade, flooring, and exterior lighting project was $18.04 million. The current estimated project cost is approximately $29.44 million. The project is currently $11.4 million over budget. To address this budget shortfall, staff identified three options for the Board to review and consider.
4. Approved attendance area assignments for Planned Housing Developments.
5. Ratified delegated staff action consenting to lease of a portion of the adult school site.
FUSD has entered into a property exchange agreement and joint escrow instructions with Kidango, Inc. (Kidango agreed to convey 2.56 acres to District, which agreed to pay Kidango $9.7M; District agreed to a 40-year ground lease with Fremont Adult School; Kidango agreed to pay $1 annual rent for the Adult School use). Certificate of Participation in the amount of $12.38M will be issued to finance this transaction.
6. Authorized staff to amend agreement with Bockmon & Woody Electric Company Inc. for the construction information technology upgrade projects at Washington High School. Based on cost estimates provided and further negotiations with the contractor, staff recommends increasing the agreement with Bockman by $172,252. The proposed revised agreement is $1,988,202 (original agreement of $1,815,950 plus recommended amendment of $172,252).
7. Received the 2017-18 final State Budget and FUSDÕs 45-day update: Overall, the revenues have increased by $5,427,000.
See video of entire meeting (https://www.fremont.k12.ca.us/Page/23546)
The BoardÕs next Regular Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, August 23, 6:30 p.m. (time subject to change), at the District Office Board Room, 4210 Technology Dr., Fremont.