December 27, 2016 > Our Top 10 Reasons to Celebrate: A Year in Review
Our Top 10 Reasons to Celebrate: A Year in Review
By Christina Briggs
It is said that Òyou canÕt get to where you are going unless you know where youÕve been.Ó In our case, 2016 was full of ambitious and rewarding journeys. So, in the spirit of holiday reflections, weÕre closing out the year out with our ÒTop 10Ó reasons to break out the eggnog.
1. The City celebrated the completion of Capitol Avenue Ð the main street in our new downtown.
2. Fremont participated in the 1st Bay Area Urban Manufacturing Survey and Summit
3. A new Fremont Shopping and Dining Guide was released.
4. ReCast City engaged our real estate community and provided recommendations to nurture the Maker Movement in Fremont.
5. Lennar broke ground on their 100+ acre project in Warm Springs.
6. Ecole 42, a French coding university, chose Fremont for its U.S. location.
7. The City approved a microgrid demonstration project with Fremont-based Gridscape Solutions.
8. Our BioMedical Manufacturing Infographic made a splash at BIO International.
9. FremontÕs StartupGrind chapter celebrated its one year anniversary.
10. The Brookings Institution visited Fremont on a tour of Advanced Industry hubs.
We wish you a happy and healthy holiday season. Look for new blog posts beginning again on January 4th, 2017.
-FremontÕs Economic Development Team