October 29, 2013 > Nominations for HaywardÕs Business Person of the Year
Nominations for HaywardÕs Business Person of the Year
Submitted By Kim Huggett
You can play a role when Hayward honors its Business Person of the Year at the 70th annual Hayward Chamber of Commerce Celebration Awards Gala on January 25, 2014. Nominations will be accepted until November 7 for this yearÕs award winner. They will be honored at the gala celebration along with HaywardÕs Police Office, Firefighter, and Educator of the Year. Identify your nominee and submit answers to the questions below to the selection committee at the chamber office. All nominations will be held in strictest confidence.
The selection committee will evaluate nominees on responses to each of the following questions. Please number your answers.
1. Give three reasons why your nominee deserves recognition.
2. How long and why has the nominee maintained his/her business in Hayward?
3. Describe the personÕs business. For example, what products or services are provided, how many employees work there, what factors have contributed to its success?
4. Describe the person in terms of their business innovation, imagination, creativity, resourcefulness, and dealing with challenges.
5. What are some interesting or special characteristics that single out your nominee from others in the same industry?
6. Describe the nomineeÕs service or volunteer efforts in the community, such as work with service clubs, nonprofit organizations, city commissions or committees, or the chamber of commerce.
Each submission must be signed and dated, including contact information for the person making the nomination. Send your nominations to: Hayward Business Person of the Year Committee, Hayward Chamber of Commerce, 22561 Main St., Hayward CA 94541. Call (510) 537-2424, Fax (510) 537-2730, or visit online at www.hayward.org.