December 4, 2012 > Call for best holiday lights
Call for best holiday lights
Do you light up the outside of your home, office, or business with dazzling and festive displays to celebrate the holidays? Why not register in the Irvington Business Association Holiday Lights Competition and share the joy of your creation?
The contest is open to both residential and non-residential entries - such as businesses, non-profits, churches and schools - in the 94538 zip code. Entries will be toured by judges on Saturday, December 15 and all participating locations will have their addresses posted on the Irvington Lights website, www.irvingtonlights.com.
Judges will be voting for 1st and 2nd places for both residential and non-residential entries. The prizes are $250 for 1st place and $100 for 2nd place, with winners announced December 17 on the website.
To register in the IBA Holiday Lights Competition, read the contest rules and complete your application online before 5 p.m. on Monday, December 10. To register, go to www.irvingtonlights.com.
The IBA Holiday Lights Competition Rules:
- Entries must be in the 94538 zip code; open to all IBA members and non-members.
- There are two categories: Residential and Non-Residential (businesses, stores, non-profits, churches, and schools).
- All entries must have their display visible from the street.
- There are no special themes for the displays and it doesn't matter how many lights you use. The judges will be observing the overall design and appeal of your total holiday lights decorations.
- Lights must be on display for judging on December 15 from 5 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- All entries will have their addresses post on the Irvington Lights website for all to see.
- All winners will be notified on December 17 and have their entries pictures posted on the website.