July 10, 2012 > Washington Hospital's Summer/Fall 2012 Catalog Now Available
Washington Hospital's Summer/Fall 2012 Catalog Now Available
Health and Wellness Catalog Lists a Variety of Free Classes and Screenings
Washington Hospital's latest Health & Wellness Catalog is now available. The free catalog is a great tool for navigating the large number of useful classes and programs offered. The catalog includes a six month wall calendar for easy reference and is printed on recycled paper.
The Health & Wellness Catalog contains a complete list of upcoming classes from July through December 2012. The catalog also serves as a helpful resource for taking full advantage of your community hospital's other community services and top-notch medical programs.
Inside the new catalog you will find:
* A list of free community classes and seminars
* A complete list of Women's Health classes and programs offered through the Washington Women's Center
* Community services, such as the Washington Community Health Resource Library and Washington on Wheels (W.O.W) Mobile Health Clinic
* Health & Wellness education classes focusing on nutrition counseling, diabetes self management, stroke education and cardiac rehabilitation
* Maternal health classes, including breastfeeding support services, parent preparation, prenatal classes and an Infant/Child CPR course for family and friends
* Information about Upcoming Health Fairs/Conferences: Washington Women's Center Think Pink Event (October 18)
* Free community health screenings, including a skin cancer screening (July 17)
* Support groups for those living with different conditions and illnesses, such as breast cancer, Parkinson's disease and suffering the loss of a loved one
* Directory of services, complete with program descriptions and phone numbers
* Map and Directions to Washington Hospital, Washington Urgent Care and Washington West, which houses our Gamma Knife Center, Lymphedema Clinic, Conrad E. Anderson, M.D. Auditoriums, Washington Women's Center and Outpatient Imaging Center
The free Health & Wellness classes and screenings are conducted by the physicians and caregivers of Washington Hospital. Classes are held at the Conrad E. Anderson, M.D. Auditorium, 2500 Mowry Ave., (Washington West building) located across the street from the main hospital.
Learn More About Washington Urgent Care
On the back of the catalog you'll find a section highlighting Washington Urgent Care. Open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. every day, Washington Urgent care is available weekends and evenings when your regular doctor's office is closed and a trip to the emergency room isn't necessary, but you're just too sick to try to wait all night or all weekend without medical attention. Washington Urgent Care is located at 2500 Mowry Ave., Suite 212, in Fremont. Walk-in care is always available or you can schedule an appointment by calling (510) 791-CARE (791-2273). For current wait times, visit whhs.com/urgentcare.
The summer/fall portion of the year offers a variety of classes - from learning about Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) and the risk of esophageal cancer to dealing with hip pain. The Washington Hospital Stroke Program offers a monthly stroke education class on the first Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. and the Washington Outpatient Diabetes Center offers a monthly Diabetes Matters education class the first Thursday of each month. Both classes take place at 2500 Mowry Avenue (Washington West) in Fremont.
For a healthier tomorrow for you and your family, call Washington Hospital's Health Connection line at (800) 963-7070 to have a free copy of the new Health & Wellness Catalog mailed to your home.
Register for Classes Online
Washington Hospital's web site features a safe and secure online class registration system that allows you to browse and sign up for Washington Hospital's classes and health screenings. Registration for classes is easy. New users can even create an online account that allows you to view a class calendar and event map. To register for one of the seminars listed below, visit the Hospital's homepage (www.whhs.com) and click on the class listings under "Upcoming Seminars."
Upcoming Health & Wellness Classes
Unless noted, all the classes listed below will take place at the Conrad E. Anderson, M.D. Auditorium, 2500 Mowry Avenue (Washington West) in Fremont.
Skin Cancer Screening and Lecture
Tuesday, July 17, 5 to 7 p.m. (Registration Required - No walk-ins can be accommodated)
Skin Cancer Lecture: Tuesday, July 17, 7 to 9 p.m.
Hearing Loss: When to Seek Help
When: Tuesday, July 24, 1 to 2:30 p.m.
Washington Women's Center Classes
Washington Women's Center classes are held in the Women's Center conference room located at 2500 Mowry Ave. (Washington West), Suite 150 in Fremont. For more information, call (510) 608-1301. To register for classes, call (800) 963-7070 or go online at whhs.com/womenscenter.
Lunch and Learn: Walk this Way
When: Thursday, July 19, Noon to 1 p.m.
Evening Lecture Series: Supermarket Savvy
When: Wednesday, July 26, 6 to 8 p.m.
Yoga and Coping with Chronic Pain
When: Monday, August 27, 6 to 8 p.m. ($15)