May 1, 2012 > Women's Center Offers Mother's Day Massage Special
Women's Center Offers Mother's Day Massage Special
Chocolates, flowers - they've been done before. It's time for moms and families to get creative this Mother's Day, says Laura Constantine, R.N., coordinator of the Washington Women's Center.
"As moms, we tend to do everything for everybody else," Constantine says. "Mother's Day is a great reminder to take some time out this month to do something for you and also spend some quality time with loved ones."
Give the mom in your life the gift of relaxation
During the month of May, in recognition of Mother's Day, the Washington Women's Center is offering your choice of any 50 minute massage for only $45, as part of healthy ways to celebrate mothers.
The Women's Center will be selling gift certificates for the Mom's Massage, which may be purchased by mom herself or family members who want to treat her to a healthy and relaxing Mother's Day gift. Certificates may be purchased throughout the month of May, but moms can schedule their massage at a date that is convenient for them.
Give the gift of time, family togetherness
Mother's Day is about going back to basics, Constantine says. Innovative ideas to help mom relax on her special day can help bring together the entire family.
Here are Constantine's top five sustainable gift ideas for mom this Mother's Day:
* A shared meal: Constantine recommends a healthy brunch using whole foods prepared at home by the entire family.
* Potted herb: An herb such as basil can be planted in a pot decorated by your child for an extra special touch and will provide fresh seasoning for months to come.
* A family walk: Spring is here! Take mom for a family walk around Lake Elizabeth and make her feel special.
* Massage: Give mom the pampering she deserves with a shoulder massage or a gift certificate for a 50-minute massage at the Women's Center.
* Education: Calling all moms! Treat yourself and your family well by safeguarding your health. Take a class that focusing on your health and wellbeing.
"By focusing on mom's health, relaxation and family togetherness, you can make this the best Mother's Day yet," Constantine says.
Women's Center services for all women
To learn more about the educational, diagnostic and wellness services at the Washington Women's Center, visit www.whhs.com, click on "Services & Programs" and select "Women's Health" from the drop-down menu.