Tri-City Voice Newspaper - What's Happening - Fremont, Hayward, Milpitas, Newark, Sunol and Union City, California


February 17, 2012 > Fremont Police Log

Fremont Police Log

Submitted By Det. William Veteran, Fremont PD

February 10
Officer Snyder was dispatched to a theft with a person in custody at Fry's Electronics. She learned that he was providing a false name and located his true identity. Officer Snyder took custody of the male and booked him for burglary.

Two suspects, one armed with a small revolver, robbed the Comfort Inn on Kato Road. Both suspects covered their faces and were wearing dark colored jackets or hoodies and blue jeans but video evidence indicates that both suspects were Black males. Investigated by Officer Chahouati.

February 11
A bar fight within the Saddlerack became an assault with a deadly weapon when an uninvolved victim was struck in the head with a bottle. The victim was transported to the ER, treated and released. An adult male was arrested at the scene. Officer Chahouati investigated. Two other adult males were arrested for public intoxication.

A resident of Stone Pine Terrace was away from home for five hours and returned to find electronics stolen.

A burglary occurred at the Hub Valero Service Station. The suspect used a rock to break the front door glass of the store.

February 12
Officer Perry attempted to stop a vehicle for a vehicle code violation. The vehicle failed to yield and Officer Perry followed the vehicle which pulled into a garage; the female driver attempted to close the garage door behind her. Officer Perry contacted and detained the woman who was uncooperative and ultimately arrested for evading / resisting arrest. The female stated that she did not stop because she did not do anything wrong.

A single vehicle rollover occurred at Paseo Padre and Dumbarton Circle after an intoxicated driver hit a light pole. Case investigated by Officer M. Marcelino.

February 14
An adult female was arrested for child neglect after leaving her 15 month-old daughter unattended in her van for at least 30 minutes at WalMart (Osgood). The father responded and took custody of his daughter. A shopper noticed the baby in the van, called 911, and remained on scene until police arrived. The baby was not injured.

Home        Protective Services Classifieds   Community Resources   Archived Issues  
About Us   Advertising   Comments   Subscribe   TCV Store   Contact

Tri Cities Voice What's Happening - click to return to home page

Copyright © 2018 Tri-City Voice