December 16, 2011 > Hayward city office closures
Hayward city office closures
Submitted By Kelly Morariu
As part of the City of Hayward's efforts to balance its operating budget, most non-public safety operations will observe an unpaid furlough period in December, during which the majority of City offices will be closed.
Furlough Period: Friday, December 23, 2011 through Monday, January 2, 2012. City services will return to normal operating hours on Tuesday, January 3, 2012. Below is a list of frequently used City services and impacts of the furlough:
* Police, Fire and emergency services will continue to operate as normal
* Library - both branches (Main and Weekes) will continue to operate as normal
* Utility Services (water/sewer) - for emergency utility services, please call 510-583-4600
* City Hall will be closed
* Bill payment/Revenue Center - Closed during the furlough periods; bills can be paid by using the night box on the outside of City Hall and payments can also be made on-line (instructions available on the City's website: www.hayward-ca.gov). For emergency utility services, please call 510-583-4600.
* Building and Planning Permits/Inspections (Permit Center) - the Permit Center will be closed during the furlough period and services (including permit applications, resubmittals, and building and rental housing inspection requests) will not be available.
* Job applications/Human Resources - the Department will be closed during the furlough period; go to the City's website for employment information and applications: www.hayward-ca.gov.
* Neighborhood Services - closed during the furlough/all services unavailable
* City Clerk's Office - closed during the furlough/all services unavailable
* Mayor/City Council/City Manager Offices - closed during the furlough; the public can contact the Mayor, Council, or City Manager by email.
* Animal Control Center will be closed 12/23-12/25 only - animals may be left in the "overnight box." There will be staff caring for the animals during the holiday period.
City staff encourages customers and residents to consult the City's website at www.hayward-ca.gov for additional information about office closures and service impacts during the furlough periods. Thank you for your understanding as we balance community needs and the efficiency of City operations during this economic recession.