November 29, 2011 > Join the St. Nicks of Niles!
Join the St. Nicks of Niles!
Bring cheer and help to neighbors in need
Submitted By Rena Dein
2010 was a very hard year, and yet the Niles Community and Niles Organizations joined City employees to bring in record donations to the City of Fremont Adopt a Senior/Family program. Together neighbors wrapped gifts, created gift baskets, and gave warm winter clothing. We raised money for groceries and the winter emergency fund, and we collected gifts, grocery cards and restaurant cards. With each gift we gave hope and by helping others we all felt we received more than we gave.
2011 is expected to be an even harder holiday season for those in need. Please take this opportunity to join us and continue our community's long history of giving generously to help our neighbors. The St. Nicks of Niles are working with the City of Fremont Social Services Department to help people in need this holiday season. Single parents without work, cancer patients, children in crisis, seniors without family, and siblings-raising-siblings are just a few examples of those we have helped. Our goal is to keep people warm, boost spirits, provide encouragement, and help people enjoy a special holiday meal. We embrace the whole family, providing personalized gifts for people and pets.
Donate Gifts, Baskets and Gift Cards - Now through December 9:
- Adopt a Family or Senior - Create a Personalized Basket of Gifts
- Donate Grocery, Restaurant and Entertainment Gift Cards for baskets
- Provide New or Like New Gifts for Seniors, Children, Teens, Adults, and Families
- Hold a block-party to build a basket, or host a build-a-basket party at work or home
- Spread the word via your Group, Organization, and Network of Family and Friends
Warm Up the Winter - November 5 through November 28:
- Donate 'Like-New or New' Warm Clothes and Coats for Seniors, Adults, Teens, Kids and Babies.
- Drop off at the Nile Cafe on I Street or Color Me Quilts on Niles Blvd. at H. Street.
Through creative giving options and your great ideas it is easy to help, and together we spread our donations and dollars farther. We celebrate Niles by proudly joining the City of Fremont employees and other groups in this effort. All recipients are anonymous and donations are distributed by The City of Fremont. Checks are needed too and can be made out to City of Fremont Adopt a Senior/Family.
Contact us to learn more, to adopt a senior, family, or individual in need, or to see our wish list. Join the St. Nicks of Niles now! Your donations are tax deductible. Call (510) 754-9285, e-mail St.NicksofNiles@mail.com, or visit on Facebook: St. Nick's of Niles.