Tri-City Voice Newspaper - What's Happening - Fremont, Hayward, Milpitas, Newark, Sunol and Union City, California


August 16, 2011 > Union City Police Blotter

Union City Police Blotter

August 7
Officers responded to Shorty Garcia Park to investigate a person brandishing a handgun. When officers arrived, the suspects had already fled in a vehicle. The victim advised that he was the referee for a soccer game at the park and during the game he issued one of the players a "Red Card" and another player from the same team a "Yellow Card" for rule violations. Immediately after the game, three members from the "Red Carded" team confronted the victim and threatened to hurt him. One of the suspects had to be held back by a fellow teammate. A second suspect produced a handgun and waved it in a threatening manner. This case is actively being investigated by patrol officers.

August 8
Officers responded to the bus stop on Dyer Street in front of the Wal*Mart store to investigate a report of a person masturbating in public. The description matched that of a Sex Registrant residing at the Extended Stay Hotel. When contacted by officers, the suspect denied being in that area or involved. With the assistance of the suspect's parole officer, they learned that he was in fact in the area based on information provided from the suspect's GPS ankle monitor. In addition, the victim responded to the suspect's location and positively identified him as the suspect. The suspect was arrested for indecent exposure and a parole hold warrant.

An assault with a deadly weapon call sent officers to a residence on Cabello Street to investigate. The victim was sitting in his vehicle when the suspect threw some type of liquid onto his car. The victim exited his car and confronted the suspect, who in turn struck the victim with a chain. As the officers were speaking to the victim and witness, the suspect appeared and was arrested.

A victim of a stolen wallet and her family members detained three females in the area of 11th Street near I Street. As officers arrived on scene, the suspects had to be physically restrained when they began to fight with the victims and officers. The suspects were arrested for battery, assault on a peace officer, and resisting arrest. One officer suffered a knee injury during the fight.

Home        Protective Services Classifieds   Community Resources   Archived Issues  
About Us   Advertising   Comments   Subscribe   TCV Store   Contact

Tri Cities Voice What's Happening - click to return to home page

Copyright © 2018 Tri-City Voice