Tri-City Voice Newspaper - What's Happening - Fremont, Hayward, Milpitas, Newark, Sunol and Union City, California


June 7, 2011 > Board, commission, committee and task force vacancies

Board, commission, committee and task force vacancies

Submitted By City of Hayward

The City of Hayward seeks individuals interested in serving Hayward on the following boards, commissions, committees and task force:

Downtown Business Improvement Area Advisory Board (1 vacancy, 2 potential vacancies); Human Services Commission (2 vacancies); Keep Hayward Clean and Green Task Force (KHCG) (3 vacancies, 4 potential vacancies); Library Commission (1 vacancy, 2 potential vacancies); Personnel Commission (1 vacancy, 1 potential vacancy); Planning Commission (no current vacancies); Citizens Advisory Commission (no current vacancies); Council Economic Development Committee (no current vacancies).

Appointees to these bodies serve in an advisory capacity to the City Council. Prospective applicants must reside within the Hayward city limits and be registered voters.

Applicants for the Downtown Business Improvement Area Advisory Board need not live in Hayward; however, they must own a business in the Downtown Business Improvement Area of Hayward and pay assessments.

Those interested in serving on the Council Economic Development Committee must be residents of Hayward, own/operate a business in Hayward, be senior management at a corporate business in Hayward or be formally affiliated with and represent another entity or agency concerned with economic development in the City of Hayward.

Please be aware that some of the commissions/committees/task force members may need to file a disclosure Statement of Economic Interests, Form 700.

Interviews with the City Council are scheduled for Tuesday, July 19, 2011. Applicants will be notified when interview times are confirmed.

To find out more about boards, commissions, committees and the task force and what they do, visit the Volunteer Open House on Thursday, June 30 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the City Hall Rotunda, Hayward City Hall, 777 B Street, Hayward.

Interested individuals may obtain applications from the Office of the City Clerk, 777 B Street, Hayward, CA 94541, by calling (510) 583-4400 or by visiting the City's website at The deadline date for submitting applications is Friday, July 8, 2011, before 5:00 p.m.

Home        Protective Services Classifieds   Community Resources   Archived Issues  
About Us   Advertising   Comments   Subscribe   TCV Store   Contact

Tri Cities Voice What's Happening - click to return to home page

Copyright © 2018 Tri-City Voice