May 20, 2009 > Hayward seeks commission applicants
Hayward seeks commission applicants
Submitted By Miriam Lens
Hayward City Council seeks residents interested in serving their on the following boards and commissions:
* Citizens Advisory Commission - 2 vacancies
* Human Services Commission - 2 vacancies
* Library Commission - 1 vacancy
* Economic Development Committee - 2 vacancies
* Downtown Business Improvement Area Advisory Board - 2 vacancies
* Keep Hayward Clean and Green Task Force - 5 vacancies, 1 representative from Hayward Youth Commission.
Appointees, who advise the City Council, must reside within city limits (except as noted) and be registered to vote.
Members of the Downtown Business Improvement Area Advisory Board need not live in Hayward, however must own a business in the improvement area and pay assessments. Applicants for the Economic Development Committee must either reside or do business in the Hayward. Some commissions require members to file a Statement of Economic Interest.
Interested residents/business owners may obtain applications from the City Clerk's Office, 777 B Street, Hayward, 94541; by visiting www.hayward-ca.gov; or by calling (510) 454-8030.
Deadline is 5 p.m. on June 1. Interviews with the City Council are tentatively scheduled for June 9.