October 31, 2007 > Candidate For Newark City Council
Candidate For Newark City Council
What specific qualities will you bring to the council if elected?
Throughout my career and in scores of volunteer activities, I have shown my dedication to taking on challenges and solving problems. Here are the qualities and skills that I bring to the Newark City Council:
* Team Leadership
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Policy Planning / Implementation
* 5 years of Project Management
* Coordinated the successful simultaneous development of several projects.
* Strong trouble-shooting skills
* Tactical Market Planning
* Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise and review the work of assign staff
* Negotiated contracts that ensured quality.
* Assemble primary and secondary marketing research data to formulate marketing strategies.
List two goals that are your top priorities for the city. What action can the council take to help achieve these goals?
* Public safety is a priority. I believe in maintaining and equipping our police force and fire department at a level to provide the greatest protection for our residents.
* City revenue is a priority. To jump start this economy, and to be strong and competitive, we must make sure Newark is the best place in the world to start a business and to do business. A vibrant, economically sound business community improves the quality of life for all citizens of Newark.
* Good schools are at the heart of a healthy city. I believe, with a safe school environment, every child can learn. Right now, we need to get our current School's API scores up.
I want to keep Newark a premier choice as a place in which to live, work, visit, and raise a family. Walt Disney once said, "Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved." I'm here to give some ideas and new perspectives on how to improve the city.
What missing ingredient(s) will you bring to the council?
I would not say these ingredients are missing, but I would bring a new perspective on how to demonstrate enthusiasm. If elected, I pledge to demonstrate a welcoming, helpful and professional manner towards our community, visitors and colleagues; show that these individuals are the most important part of my job; exhibit appreciation for the loyalty of our citizens as well as respect for our colleagues.