October 31, 2006 > City of Fremont City Council
City of Fremont City Council
(Vote for two)
Occupation: CPA/business owner
- Restoring city services; especially public safety.
- Expanding our economic base with more retail choices and quality jobs.
I will use my business background and experience to work with our existing business base to expand our economic base and use the new revenues to restore city services. I am a Fremont native; I've spent five years as a planning commissioner; and I want to help make Fremont a greater city for all of us today and for our children's tomorrows.
Anu Natarajan (I)
Occupation: appointed councilmember
- Take economic growth to the next level.
- Define and implement our community vision.
With my background in architecture and planning, I have the skills required to understand both the big picture and the details. I also have a very good grasp of the functioning of city government thanks to two years as a Fremont Planning Commissioner and now two years as a city councilmember.
Occupation: retired ironworker
- Restore police response to burglar alarms.
- Enforce observance of the Brown Act open meeting laws.
As a member of the International Association of Bridge, Structural and Ornamental Ironworkers Union, I learned the process of negotiations and gained an understanding of present benefits and future liabilities. I also understand that the way we treat people who work for and with our city reflects on our image.