May 9, 2006 > Community benefit grants program
Community benefit grants program
by Johnny Ng
Kaiser Permanente is now accepting applications for its 2006 Community Benefit Grants Program. Applications will be considered from organizations which fall within the Greater Southern Alameda Area (GSAA) and meet at least one or more of our priority areas.
- Reduce rates of obesity and overweight in adults and children.
- Improve management of childhood asthma.
- Improve prevention and management of diabetes.
- Improve prevention and management of coronary heart disease.
- Reduce pregnancy among 15-19 year olds.
Funding ranges in amount from $2,500 to $10,000. The GSAA encompasses Castro Valley, Fremont, Hayward, Newark, San Leandro, San Lorenzo and Union City.
Completed applications must be received by 4 p.m. on Friday, May 19.
For more information or to request an application, please contact Sylvia Jimenez at (510) 618-4018 or firstname.lastname@example.org.