Tri-Cities Voice Newspaper - What's Happening - Fremont, Union City, Newark California

October 4, 2005 > 'Get paid for doing your civic duty'

'Get paid for doing your civic duty'

Poll workers are needed for the Nov. 8, 2005, Special Statewide Election. To be eligible you must be a registered voter in Alameda County, an Alameda County employee or a high school student in a sponsored high school poll worker program; attend training class; and be able to work from 6:00 a.m. until approximately 9:30 p.m. (or split a shift with someone you know). Inspectors earn $100 plus bonus, Judges and Clerks earn $80.

California law allows high school seniors to work as election officers on Election Day. You must be at least 16 years of age, a United States citizen, and a student in good standing with your school earning at least a 2.5 grade point average on a scale of 4.0.

For more information, phone 510-272-6971 or visit the Registrar of Voters at

About Us   Current Issues   Press Dates   Archived Issues   Ad Rates   Classifieds  
Shopping & Dining Guide   Local Events   Your Comments   Subscribe  

Tri Cities Voice What's Happening - click to return to home page

Copyright© 2005 Tri-City Voice
Advertise in What's Happening - A Guide to the Tri-City Area Return to Tri-City Voice Home Page E-mail the Tri-City Voice About the Tri-City Voice Read a current issue of the Tri-City Voice online Archived Issues of the Tri-City Voice Tri-City Voice Advertising rates Dining and Shopping in the Tri-City Area Events in the Tri-City area Tell us what you think Return to the Tri-City Voice Home Page Subscribe to the Tri-City Voice Press dates/Deadlines